Monday, November 17, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

I'm realizing that I haven't blogged in awhile. I have been working on various projects, including organizing my digital photographs in Photoshop Elements, adding keywords and tags so I can more easily find specific photos that I'm looking for. Let's just say THAT'S going to be a work in progress for some time...I discovered that I have more than 20,000 digital photos on my external hard drive alone!

Oh my!


I have also been working on uploading more of my photos to my photo website and adding keywords there...the link is in the right column, but if you prefer to type the address into your browser, it's http://mdevensfitz.zenfolio.com/.

I'm also deciding what to add next to my Etsy store. I think it's time to add some greeting card "sets," notecards and notecard "sets." With the holidays approaching, this would be an easier option for some potential buyers than sending me a message asking me to do so.

Regarding this blog, I've been spending time debating with myself what the "format" of this blog should be. While I want to add neew art and photography as I go, I have some less-recent favorites that I want to share as well. So, please forgive me if I am violating some unwritten code of art blog protocol, but I've decided that I will be sharing old favorites mixed in with new stuff.

On that note, here are a pair of pastel paintings that I really like. I worked on these last winter when the weather was so dreary. We got so much ice that I couldn't even take the kids outside to play in the snow...they just slid around on top of it. I was really needing to expose myself to some color and light, so I decided to MAKE some!



"Dreams of Spring"
9" x 12"
Pastel



"Grand Opening"
9" x 12"
Pastel


Both were juried into this year's Wilkes Barre Fine Arts Fiesta, along with my "Portrait of a Stunning Redhead." The best part about painting these, though, is how that process pulled me out of a bad case of the mid-winter blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment