Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Etsy is Open!

My Etsy store is now up and running, and I was very excited to sell my first item already! You can get to my Etsy from the sidebar, or by typing http://www.followingmymuse.etsy.com/ into your browser. I've started out by offering photo greeting cards, but plan to expand into offering giclee prints of my artwork and larger photographs.

You can also view and order my photographs by following my link on the sidebar..."My Photography."

My first sale was a greeting card containing the following image:


This is an historic mill in the French countryside somewhere between Giverny and Versailles. My husband and I were lucky enough to have lunch here on a trip to France. It was as peaceful and serene as it looks in the photo! Unfortunately, I do not recall the name of the mill or its historical significance...if anyone reading this post has that information for me, I'd love to hear from you!

FOLLOW UP: My dear friend, Sarah, who (along with her husband) traveled with us in Paris, had some information to share about this mill. It is called "Le Moulin de Fourges," and is on the Epte River about 10 km outside of Giverny.

To quote Sarah, "The story of its construction may deliver the secret for this magic. It is told that the mill of Fourges was erected by the builders of the Hameau de la Reine (the Queen's Hamlet) near the Palace of Versailles, this replica of a village where Marie-Antoinette fancied herself a farmer, far from the Court constraints.


Today the place still diffuses serenity and harmony. It is well known by anglers, painters as well as gourmets coming from Paris or much further, like Hillary Clinton who dined here of a lobster salad and a loin of lamb."

Thank you, Sarah, for sharing this information with me, so I can share it with anyone else who loves this photo as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment